What is domestic violence?
- Felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence
- Crimes are committed by
- A former or current spouse
- A former or current intimate partner
- A person with whom the victim shares a child with
- A person who is living with or has lived with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner
- Any person who falls under domestic or family violence laws
For more information Click Here.
What does domestic violence look like?
Anyone can be affected by domestic violence. Domestic violence includes acts that cause harm, fear or force an individual to behave in certain ways. Some of these acts include:
- Physical Violence
- Sexual Violence
- Threats and Intimidation
- Emotional Abuse
- Economic Deprivation
For more information and resources about domestic violence Click Here.
What can I do if I am experiencing domestic violence?
- If you are in immediate danger call 911.
- Contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline. Click Here for their website.
- Contact the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County. Click Here for their website.
- Contact the Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County. Click Here for their website.
- In addition to the above resources, there are domestic violence hotlines and shelters for victims of domestic violence in many counties throughout Pennsylvania.
If you or someone you love is experiencing domestic violence it is important to get legal help. The Law Office of Vincent J. Caputo is ready to help you through this difficult time.