Are you wondering what could happen to your loved ones after your death? Who will care for your young child? How will your assets be managed and distributed? You have the ability to make many key decisions about these things now. Through the creation of a will, you may be able to help ensure your wishes are carried out after your death. Our legal services include helping you to create, manage, update, and even challenge a will.
Who Benefits from a Will?
Most people should have a will. This is a very basic document capable of communicating your specific wishes to the courts after your death. It is essential for many people including in the following situations:
- You have specific wishes about what happens to your belongings.
- You have young or dependent children who need someone to look after them.
- You have specific needs goals to leave behind funds for charities or special causes.
- You wish to create legally binding documents related to your end of life.
- You want to prevent third parties from trying to obtain access to your assets.
Wills give you the right to manage your assets after death, with some limitations in terms of debts. However, they are one of the most powerful tools to have if you are leaving behind assets such as a home, money, investments, or other valuable possessions.
Creating Your Will
We encourage you to visit our law offices in Chester County and Delaware County, PA today to discuss your specific needs regarding the creation of a will. Our legal team can also update an existing will for you to meet your current goals.
If you wish to learn more about your options in creating a will or a comprehensive estate plan, we encourage you to call on us for our will planning services in Chester County and Delaware County, PA.